Tuesday, February 2, 2010

'I'm lucky to get another movie with Mammootty'

After films like Pazhassi Raja, Bhagyadevatha and My Big Father, Kaniha is perhaps the hottest heroine in Malayalam cinema right now.

The engineer-turned-actor, who is now settled in the US after her marriage, has more reasons to smile as her latest release, Drona 2010, with Mammootty as the hero, releases on Wednesday.

Kaniha reveals more about the film, her career and her high profile film, Christian Brothers with Mohanlal to Meghna George.

You must be very happy with your dream run in Malayalam...

I am very happy [smiles]. This definitely is the best phase in my career not just because I have had consecutive hits, but because I am getting to work with great legends and portray versatile roles. So yes, I'm thrilled. It certainly feels good to be part of sensible movies, to play meaningful roles and also to experience success.

What is your role in Drona 2010?

I play Tulasimani, a role which I have always wanted to play. She is a very bubbly, talkative and innocent girl. I enjoyed playing her and especially speaking the Brahmanical language. It is a film that has a lot of suspense and mystery right from the start. Now that I have mentioned that it is a thriller, I can't say more.

Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW! http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/

No comments: