Thursday, October 30, 2008

interview with mammootty

Malayalam superstar Mammootty, who has been acting for over 25 years,
says he is overwhelmed by the love he's received from people and hopes
to play many more roles before hanging his boots.
"The love and liking that people have for me has bowled me over
and I am simply overwhelmed, " Mammootty told IANS in an interview..

The actor, who has more than 300 films to his credit, says he is not
at all afraid of growing old.
"You and me, including the universe, are getting older by the
day. It is just a feeling and I am not at all afraid."
Mammootty hopes to do many more films and play different kinds of characters.
He already has several movies lined up in his kitty.
"My hands are full with many projects with leading directors like
Renjith, Hariharan, and Blessy," said the superstar who is now
shooting for "Pothan Vava" at the Central Prison premises
here.
The actor confesses to being a bad investor. He prefers his wife handling
his money.
"I am a bad investor and over the years I have realised that banks
are the best bet. Now my wife handles my money."
Excerpts from the interview:
Q: What has been most satisfying for you?
A: It is simple, because lots and lots of people like me. The love
and liking that people have for me has bowled me over and I am simply
overwhelmed.
Q: Are you happy with your achievements?
A: These days, what I achieved in 25 years can be achieved in a year's
time, so I don't think I have done anything great.
Q: What is the reason behind your success?
A: Hard work and only hard work has paid off for me. Being a very small
industry, hard work is a must. It has worked wonders for me most of
the time.
Q: How emotional are you?
A: I am very emotional and I get really upset when any of my films
flop. I also get hurt over silly things. That is the way I am, I can't
help it.
Q: How is your latest release "Bhargavacharitham Moonnam
Khandam" doing?
A: It's bombed. It was a black comedy and was not received well.
Q: So what next?
A: Will do a 'white comedy' (laughs)
Q: How is the Malayalam industry doing these days?
A: The industry is doing well and the digital revolution will soon
become the order of the day. There has been a remarkable improvement
in content also ... all this would certainly add colour to our industry.
Q: What is the future of Malayalam cinema, according to you?
A: More meaningful cinema is being made and that is the reason why
you see a rejuvenated Malayalam film industry. But more films aimed
at youth are needed.
Q: What are your future projects?
A: My hands are full with many projects with leading directors like
Renjith, Hariharan, and Blessy ... to name a few.
Q: What sort of characters do you portray in these films?
A: Each one of them is a different character. It includes a Tamil laundry
worker, a spoilt brat, a writer and many interesting characters.
Q: What do you do with all your money?
A: I am a bad investor and over the years I have realised that banks
are the best bet. First of all, where is the time to work on your investments?
Now my wife handles my money.
Q: Any chance of becoming a producer?
A: There are others to do that job.
Q: What about direction?
A: May be...


Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

No comments: